iTunes gift cards can be used for just about anything offered on iTunes: Movies, TV shows, music videos, and of course, music. These gift cards however, may not be used for online Apple Store items. Example- iPads, iPhones etc. These items would require an Apple gift certificate.
There are a few steps to make sure that you are able to redeem your iTunes gift card.
1. Make sure to install the latest version of iTunes, which is available for both Macs and PCs.
2. Open iTunes on your computer
3. On the sidebar you will see “Library”, “Store”, “Playlists” etc. Make sure to click on “iTunes Store”.
4. To save trouble later, we suggest you create an iTunes store account before moving along. If you wait to complete this step after following these directions, you will not be required to enter credit card information. However, this may save you time in the long run should you decide to purchase from iTunes in the future.
5. On the right hand side of the store you will see a Redeem link under the “Quick Links” tab. Go ahead and click Redeem.
6. You will be directed to the redemption page. Carefully enter your iTunes gift card code into the provided space. From here, you should be good to go as long as you have created an iTunes account. If not, refer to the 4th tab of this post.