NetSpend Card Review: Visa or MasterCard available
Where to buy a NetSpend Card
You can purchase a NetSpend Card online.
How to check the balance on a NetSpend Card
To check your balance for free, log in to your online Account Center, where you can see your balance, your deposits and transaction history. Or, sign up for Anytime AlertsTM to receive a text message including your card account balance, after every transaction. After you’ve signed up for Anytime Alerts, text the letters ‘BAL’ to 22622 anytime, and your account balance will be sent to your mobile phone. You can also check your balance for a $0.50 fee by calling our toll-free number 1-866-387-7363 or when making the inquiry at a participating ATM located in the U.S.
How to activate a NetSpend Card
Activate your Netspend Card online.
Can you set up Direct Deposit on a NetSpend Card?
Setting up Direct Deposit is easy, no matter where the deposit is coming from.
All or part of your paycheck can be directly deposited to your card account. Existing cardholders can log in to the online Account Center to print out a direct deposit form. Fill it out and give it to your employer. The form will include both a bank routing number (sometimes referred to as the ‘ABA Routing Number’) and your card account number. Your employer is responsible for making your paycheck available on your payday. NetSpend makes those funds available to you as soon as we receive them.
Do you want to get your Federal and State tax refunds faster than by mail? Just have them deposited electronically directly into your NetSpend card account.
• Pension and other regular payments
• Railroad Retirement Benefits (RRB)
• Defense Finance and Accounting Service Payments (DFAS)
• State unemployment benefits (Varies by state)
Where to buy a NetSpend Card Online
Fill out a quick online order form and they will ship you a personalized card! There’s no credit check and no upfront fees.
Can you use a NetSpend Card to get cash from an ATM or cash back?
1. Insert your NetSpend card into the ATM. Look for a picture showing which way the card should face.
2. Choose your preferred language from the list displayed on the screen.
3. Using the numbered keypad, enter your Personal Identification Number (‘PIN’) and press Enter.
4. You’ll see a message stating how much the ATM operator’s fee is. You’ll be asked if you want to continue or cancel the transaction.
5. When asked what kind of transaction you want, select Withdrawal.
6. When asked what kind of account you wish to use, select Checking.
7. Select the amount of money you’d like to withdraw.
8. Most machines return your card before dispensing cash. Take your card.
9. Take the cash from the machine.
10. Be sure to take both your ATM receipt and your card.
How to reload a NetSpend Card
Reload Netspend Prepaid Debit Cards at participating:
Western Union® agents
Find a location near you
How to replace a lost or stolen NetSpend Card
Contact Customer Service via our toll-free number 1-866-387-7363
Can you use a NetSpend Card to pay bills?
Pay your utility bills, rent, car loan – even pay a friend – using any of our fast and secure online Bill Pay services. Using these services is:
Easy: Online directions walk you through the steps to pay a bill Convenient: No more writing checks or standing in line for money orders, and no more stamps and associated mailing costs
Safe: Your money is sent electronically using the highest level of security
Flexible: You decide which bill pay option works best for you We give you different ways to pay your bills online, depending on how and when you need to pay.
Log in to learn more about Paying Bills.