American Express Bluebird Card Review:
Where to buy an American Express Bluebird card
The American Express Bluebird card is available, exclusively, at Walmart.
How to check the balance on an American Express Bluebird card
Check the balance of your American Express Bluebird card online.
How to activate an American Express Bluebird card
Activate the Bluebird card per instructions on the card. You must verify your e-mail address before you can activate your Permanent Bluebird Card.
Can you set up Direct Deposit on an American Express Bluebird card?
Step 1 – To get started, you need to make sure you have the following:
• Your Bluebird Account is active: This means that you have successfully signed up for the card and registered it online.
• Your Permanent Card is activated: If you picked up a temporary card at a Walmart store and registered it online, you have to wait for the permanent card to be mailed to you, which you have to activate, before you can begin the direct deposit process.
• Your employer or payroll department offers this service: Check with your Human Resources Department or the payroll provider for your job to make sure that they offer Direct Deposit. Some employers don’t offer the service, which means you will not be able to add funds to your Bluebird account using this method. If you are requesting your government payment to be direct deposited onto your card, you should check with the government agency whether they offer direct deposit and how you can go about setting it up.
• Your direct deposit comes from a U.S. bank account: The Walmart Bluebird Card only accepts Direct Deposits from banks or credit unions based in the United States of America.
• The direct deposit does not exceed the maximum balance and monthly limits:As of the time of writing this article, you are only allowed to Direct Deposit a total of $100,000 to your card each year. Which means you can only send a maximum of $8,333 each month using this method. If your total monthly paycheck or government payments exceeds this amount, then you can only send $8,333 of it to your Amex Bluebird Card. Note that the limits stated above may be subject to change, so you should check with Bluebird’s website for the current limit to be sure. Click here to go there – scroll down to “Limits”.
Step 2 – Set up Direct Deposit online using instructions below:
a) Log into your Bluebird Account online or through the Bluebird Mobile App and click on “Add Funds” (see the image below). Click here to for Bluebird Login.
How to use an American Express Bluebird card to shop online
You can use your Bluebird Card for online, mail-order, or phone purchases with merchants that accept American Express® Cards. Be sure to have your 15-digit Bluebird Card number, the “valid thru” date, and the 4-digit security code on the front of the Card.
If you have a Temporary Card and have not yet received your Permanent Bluebird Card in the mail, please call 1 (877) 486-5990 to add your name and address in order to use your Temporary Card for online, mail-order, or phone purchases.
Where to buy an American Express Bluebird card Online
Sign up for the American Express Bluebird card on the bluebird.com website.
Can you use an American Express Bluebird card to get cash from an ATM or cash back?
Once you receive and activate your Permanent Bluebird Card and set up a PIN, you can use your Permanent Card forATM withdrawals virtually anywhere around the world that accepts American Express® Cards, including ATMs atWalmart stores. If you wish to disable ATM access on your Permanent Card or on your linked Sub-Account Cards, see the Alerts, Controls, and Personal Information section. If you still have a Temporary Bluebird Card, you can use it forATM withdrawals for a limited time virtually anywhere in the US that accepts American Express® Cards, including ATMs at Walmart stores, but only once you register for a Bluebird Account and complete e-mail verification.
If you have forgotten your PIN or would like to edit your PIN, please log in to your Bluebird Account and click on “My Account”. Then click “Profile” to edit your PIN.
How to reload an American Express Bluebird card
• Go to the Walmart register and request to add cash to your Bluebird Account.
• The money you tender at the register will be available in your Bluebird Account immediately.
• If you cash a check at your local Walmart, you can ask for the proceeds to be immediately added into your Bluebird Account. If you are a Bluebird Member, you can add a check directly to your Bluebird Account with the Bluebird Mobile App on your iPhone® or Android device. Certain Limits apply to the amount you can add to your Bluebird Account via the Bluebird Mobile App*. How to replace a lost or stolen American Express Bluebird card Call customer service immediately, 1 (877) 486-5990. You will be issued a replacement Card at no charge with a value equal to the Available Balance on your Card at the time you notified American Express. If you have not yet registered for a Bluebird Account or verified your e-mail address, no refunds will be provided for amounts debited from your lost or stolen Card before you have notified. Once you have registered for a Bluebird Account and verified your e-mail address, you will not be held responsible for any fraudulent charges made using the Card.
If you have a funding source linked to your Bluebird Account, you should immediately contact your bank or employer directly and open a dispute claim on any unauthorized withdrawals.
How to make an online purchase
You can use your Bluebird Card for online, mail-order, or phone purchases with merchants that accept American Express® Cards. Be sure to have your 15-digit Bluebird Card number, the “valid thru” date, and the 4-digit security code on the front of the Card. If you have a Temporary Card and have not yet received your Permanent Bluebird Card in the mail, please call Customer Service, 1 (877) 486-5990¸ to add your name and address in order to use your Temporary Card for online, mail-order, or phone purchases.
Can you use an American Express Bluebird card to pay bills?
Log in to your Bluebird Account online or through the Bluebird Mobile App, and click on Pay a Bill. If you’ve already added the payee — business or individual to be paid — simply click on the payee you would like to pay Provide the information requested and Submit