The Visa Buxx card is a prepaid card specifically designed for teens. It allows parents to load money on the card online or over the phone. The purpose of the card is to encourage financial responsibility among teens while giving their parents control over how much is spent.
Here are some of the benefits of the Visa Buxx Prepaid Card:
- Promotes financial responsibility among teenagers by limiting their spending to the amount loaded on the card
- It is flexible and convenient, allowing parents to re-load the card any time via phone or online
- It is accepted everywhere Visa debit cards are welcome
- It gives parents greater control by allowing them to track where their teens are spending their money.
- It is safer than using cash because it is replaceable when lost or stolen.
How it Works:
Here is how the Visa Buxx Prepaid Card Works:
- You can buy a Visa Buxx Prepaid Card online at participating financial institutions, including Wachovia and USBank. Click here to see complete list.
- Parent then funds the account either via phone or online using a credit card, debit card, or checking account you have with any financial institution (does not have to be funded with account from participating bank)
- You and your teen both have access to the account online to check balances and track spending. Parent can reload card online or via phone using number provided at the back of the card.